Sauraha has good road access for private-rental vehicles.
Air connections to Sauraha are through Bharatpur Airport, with regular daily air services from Pokhara and Kathmandu. The airport lies just 15 kilometers to the west of Sauraha. Will need to change to a bus, a jeep or a taxi for connection to Sauraha.
Via Kathmandu — there are three types of buses available. Cheaper Birganj bound buses which will drop you at Tadi Bazaar about 4 kilometers north of Sunauli where you can easily get a local bus, taxi, rickshaws, tanga/pony carts. These second bit more expensive type is the direct tourist buses that are no more comfortable than normal intercity except they are full of tourists. A third type is more comfortable air-conditioned buses (Greenline, etc.). All buses will travel via Mugling, Narayangarh/Bharatpur, Tadi Bazaar, Sauraha; (4–5 hours trip).
Via Sunauli / Bhairahawa — on eastern bound (Birganj/Biratnagar) buses traveling through Butwal, Bharatpur, Tadi Bazaar. Change to a local bus, jeep, pony cart, or rickshaw to Sauraha (3 – 4 hours trip).
- Chitwan National Park
- Tharu Museum
- Devghat — as the Hindu pilgrimage destination
- International elephant polo games
- The Elephant Breeding Center
- Night Tower
- Jungle/wildlife safaris by foot, jeep, and elephant. You may see a rhinoceros, deer, monkeys, and Bengal tiger. Bird watching in and around the jungle, especially Bishazari Tal, a wetland approximately 10 km north-west of Sauraha.
- Tharu cultural show of the Tharu people